Some people predict that tomorrow’s solstice will be the Armageddon. Others believe that 12-21-12 will bring in a new era. By practicing mindful letting go over the last 30 days, my hope is that you will have made room for positive change to come into your life. Regardless of the world order after the solstice, you always have the power to change your personal world.
Think of letting go as a constant shedding of that which no longer serves you. Remember that letting go is an art, not a science, and there is no time table, or right or wrong way to let go. Sometimes letting go requires going inward and deep rest. Sometimes it calls for action and collaboration. It’s all about finding your authentic self, finding peace and joy with that authentic self, and sharing your new found peace and joy with others.
Top Five things to let go of in 2013
1. Let go of the idea that you will some day be a finished product – remember the main ideas of Wabi Sabi: nothing lasts forever, nothing is perfect, nothing is finished.
2. Let go of anger. Focus on the lesson, take any negative energy and turn it in to positive action.
3. Be aware of the aspects of your being that are not an authentic expression of who you are, keep shedding these aspects.
4. What’s left will be your best self, let go of keeping your best self from the world, you will find it easier to share your best self if you…
5. Let go of beating yourself up and learn to practice self-compassion, and….
6. Let go of letting the fear of criticism stop you.
We wish you twenty minutes of mindfulness every day! – and a light and happy, grounded and clear new year.